Subscribe to Our Blog Via Email!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, June 30, 2011

SF Mission Trip - Day 5

Today was amazing and very eventful! My team went to St. Vincent de Paul to help in the soup kitchen. We gave out food to the homeless and needy. For the first hour I was in charge of wiping tables when people were done eating. I had what the youth group calls an "ow moment". I noticed a homeless man that had finished his food. He didn't realize he could get more food so he was going up and taking peoples left-overs from their trays. It made me sad because I realized that the lunch being served was probably going to be his only meal that day. The second hour, Adam and I were handing out milk to people. This one man came up and said "HELLO DAWLINGSS!!!" and we really didn't have any idea how to respond so we said hello back and asked him if he wanted white milk or chocolate milk. He replied, "I don't know! What's the difference?!? HAHA!!" So Adam gave him white milk and the guy walked off commenting on how smart we were. My favorite person today :) In the afternoon we went to walk Mission St. with $20 to find someone in need. We found a man named Neal who was in "desperate need of bug spray". We got him bug spray and listened to his story. According to him, he died twice and had some pretty epic visions from God. He ended up breaking the top of the canister of bug spray so we got him a new one and also bought him chocolate (since he told us how much he LOVES chocolate). All in all, a pretty awesome day :)   -Jessica Arnold























On BART:

























Yesterday was Hannah's birthday!







No comments: