Subscribe to Our Blog Via Email!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, November 16, 2009

"D" Challenge - One Week of Prayer

This Wednesday night we will issue our second "D" challenge (D is for discipline in case you missed our first D Nite)...can we commit to praying for one week? Can we carve out time and space to be in intentional conversation with the Living God? Each day there will be specific prayer opportunities to help guide our week of prayer.
If you were unable to attend D Nite you can download and print the prayer guide below.
Please take some time to comment so others can hear how your week of prayer is going
Mike

D Nite - Prayer 2009

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK - I had to rush to youth group last night after spending 3 days away on business. So, this morning as I was getting ready I was making a mental checklist of all the calls, emails, and meetings I had to do today. As I sat down in my home office, I immediately take out my writing pad to make my long "to do today" list and then I saw the prayer packet that we all picked up last night that I threw on my desk before I went to bed. I thought, no matter how busy I am today, I better do this first. To my surprise, the first line was "I often come asking for favors...". How funny that before I picked up the packet I was praying, "Lord help me get through all my stuff today". God's perfect timing just cracks me up sometimes...

Aytunc said...

As I was doing the Guided Prayer today, I once again found Jesus as a friend who is always willing to listen to me. As Mike said on wednesday, when we pray, we just say things and don't listen to God. But in the guided prayer, we have pauses. During that pauses, I took time to listen to God. And I asked myself, "How am I feeling?"
As it says in the insrtuctions, "I acknowledge how I really am and God loves me just as I am..."