Subscribe to Our Blog Via Email!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, May 1, 2008

RSS Reader

Many of you know that I read a lot of blog posts. I'm always talking about them etc. How do I have time to go check all these websites and see if they are updated? Simply, I don't. I use a program called Google Reader. Google Reader is free to anyone with a google account. Whenever a website, blog, ebay search, craigslist search, etc. gets posted, if I have it subscribed in my reader it automatically downloads it into my reader and I can browse through all the new posts. I know Jen Easton also uses Google Reader and between the two of us we probably browse 400 blog posts a day. But it only takes us about 20 minutes to do so (I do so over my morning cup of coffee) and I just read the posts that stand out to me.
Sounds pretty cool huh? You too can use a reader program to get all the latest blog posts from your favorite blogs.
Here are some videos explaining more about how it works:



1 comment:

Jen Easton said...

yep. good stuff. If you didn't watch the video, what best described Google Reader to me was how the guy describes it as an inbox for your blogs. When you add someone to your list (really easy to do - just type in the address)when they post an article it's like it gets emailed to your Reader inbox.

So go ahead and add the youth groups addy's and save yourself a step!

www.321ignite.blogspot.com

www.hccfuel.blogspot.com

And if you shop on craigslist, after you search you can click the rss link and paste that into the reader as well. This trick lets you see when things you are interested in are newly posted so you have the first shot at picking it up!